Relationships can be confusing. It’s not always as simple as Boy meets girl, love at first sight and so on… It is a complicated affair of constant negotiations and compromises. That doesn’t mean it’s not freaking awesome. It’s still great, but there are quite a few things that no one tells you about being in a relationship. When you get in a new relationship, there are a lot of people ready to give you advice. But aside from all the unsolicited advice that a new couple is bombarded with, there are quite a few things you wouldn’t realize until you actually walk that path. So we present to you with this list of things which no one tells you about being in a relationship.
So, sit back and start the Indulgence
1. You’ll realize that relationships are nothing like they show in the movies
2. You will always struggle to find time for one another no matter how hard you try
3. You’ll struggle to find time for yourself as well
4. Sometimes you have to like things that you hate just because they bought it for you
5. Everyone you’ve ever met will try to give you advice on relationship. 90% of time it will be useless
6. Date nights, Anniversary of when you first saw each other, dated, kissed, went on a holiday and so on will burn a hole in your pocket. You’re always broke!
7. You are always trying new things and picking up hobbies which they like
8. You also pick up their bad habits along the way. However, you also cure each other of your bad habits
9. Your biggest fight are about the dumbest things
10. You do things that you don’t like for the happiness of your partner – like hanging out with their friends
11. You’ll realize that how their little habits like “humming while driving ” drives you nuts!
12. You master the art of Negotiation and compromise
13. Being in a committed relationship is a 24/7 job. There are no weekends or even any sick leaves that you can take.
14. You would have second thoughts about this whole relationship thing and you’ll wonder if they really are the One
15. Over a period of time, you develop an invisible bond which only you can see. Seeing their face light up on seeing you will remove that doubts that you have for your relationship
What do you think about the list? Let us know in the comments. And I end this with these beautiful lines by Nicholas Sparks:
“If conversation was the lyrics, laughter was the music, making time spent together a melody that could be replayed over and over without getting stale.“
- 17 things that are true when you date someone who’s Your Exact Opposite
- 14 Struggles of being in a Long distance relationship
- 17 silly things you do when you have a crush on someone
- 10 signs you are not at all ready to get married
- 18 Things that happen when you are the only single person in your group