When you are in your twenties, people around you are getting married all the time. Talking with your friends who are about to get hitched makes you think about all those things that you should do while you are still single. So, here is the list of things that everyone should do at least once before getting married. Before you go on your knees to propose someone or let someone put a ring around your finger, you should check out our list. So sit back and Start the indulgence.
1. Travel with your best friends
This is one thing that everyone should do. Before you get married, you should take a vacation with your best friends. A trip with your best friends can be liberating and you’ll learn a lot about yourself.
2. Have your Heartbroken at least Once
What doesn’t kill you simply makes you stronger. Everyone needs to have one serious heartbreak. After you come out of it, not only will you be stronger, but you’ll also learn not to take love for granted
3. Do a super crazy thing that you always wanted to do
What was one Crazy thing that you always wanted to do but are procrastinating it because of any number of reasons. After you get married, you don’t get to be all crazy and dumb, so just take the plunge and do that crazy thing!
4. Live Alone /with Roommates
Before you are ready to live with someone for the rest of your life, you should live all by yourself at least once. Living with Roommates is fine but you should not be living with your parents.
5. Watch all your favorite Action movies/chick flicks/Slasher movies you want to watch
After you get married, you might not be able to binge watch movies from your favorite genre.
6. Learn to Cook
You should learn to cook at least one delicacy. It can be anything but you should be an expert in that thing. For example, I can make Killer Peanut Butter +Nuttela + Jelly + Honey Sandwich!
7. Spend some time on your Education/ Career – Set a goal for yourself and achieve it
It might sound cliched, but before you are married, you can experiment with your career or get that masters degree that you always wanted.
8. Splurge on Yourself
Because You can and You Should
9. Learn to do basic DIY things
When you get married, you should know a lot of simple “Do it Yourself” things. You cannot call a handyman always to get things done for you.
10. Go on a Blind / Online Date
Come on! You got to try it at least once!
11. Learn to drive
Yes, everyone should know how to drive. So if you don’t, time to take that driving lesson
12. Get your finances in order
Admit it! when we are in our early twenties, we have no time to take care for our finances! It is a complete mess. But before you are ready to take the next step, you should clean up your act!
13. Find a New series that you like and Binge-watch the complete season over a single weekend
14. Make a list of good books that you want to read – And then read them all
15. Spend some time with your Parents and family
After marriage, you might not be able to connect with your parents that much. So it’s time to hang out with you siblings and your mother before you get married
16. Learn how to say NO (and YES)
Marriage is a journey full of negotiations and compromises. Before getting on that crazy train, you should learn how to expertly say both the NO and YES.
17. Spend alone time and learn things about yourself
- 14 thoughts you have when people around you are getting married
- 14 things you can only do when you are single
- 18 Things that happen when you are the only single person in your group
- 17 things that you learn while living alone for the first time
- 10 signs you are not at all ready to get married