Long Distance Relationships never Works. I give them two months. four, max.
Sounds Familiar? Anyone who has ever been in a long distance relationship will relate to the above lines. This is what everyone will think (and sometimes say to your face) about your long distance relationship. Its difficult. Unlike a normal relationship, you don’t have the luxury of seeing each other regularly, holding hands together, hugging or kissing. Whenever there are issues, you can always hug it out. Jaadu ki Jhappi (Magical Hug) always works. But what if you don’t have that? What then? There are some struggles that those who are currently in Long distance relationship will understand. There will be months between your time together. You cannot simply surprise them one Friday afternoon with a romantic getaway, unless you plan to hop on a jet to travel halfway across the world. It is especially hard when you are in different time zones. I present you this list which will connect to you if you have ever been in a long distance relationship.
1. You can often get Jealous
2. Arguments are inevitable and often Worse
3. You are always switching between Laptop, Ipad and mobile phones to talk to them
4. You are always looking for good wi-fi Signal wherever you go
5. Skype will always freeze when you are talking with them
6. You Downloads number of apps to make it work
7. You are scared of seeing your mobile phone bill
8. You have a countdown for next time you will see each other
9. You have realized that all milestones cannot be celebrated together
10. Half of your salary goes in Gas or Air tickets
11. God Forbid if you are in different Time zones – You have to Talk early
12. Or very late
13. Doubts are inevitable
But in the end, you know you’ll make it together because they are the one. You are meant to spend forever with them.
I end this post with these beautiful lines
I might be alone
But I am not lonely
I can still hear you laugh
If not see your smile
Your voice pierces,
The stillness of my night.
You can be far away
But never far enough.
You’re my forever,
And Forever Begins now.