Internet and Text messages – two technological marvels that revolutionized the way we communicate. But in addition to that, they had one more important contribution to our lives – the grammar went down the cyber drain. Who has time for the correct grammar when you are churning our scores of words every minute? But then there are people who are always looking for perfect grammar. I am not one of them as my own grammar is nothing to write home about. But I constantly interact with people who keep correcting me on my grammar. Even on whatsapp!!! For example, I cannot for the life of me, comprehend what is the difference between figuratively and literally. I mean, they are literally (or is it figuratively) the same. Probably, some Grammar Nazi can help me out in the comments section. Any ways, if you are one of those who are a grammar police or are abused by one, read the signs of the ultimate grammar police.
Start the Indulgence.
1. You are always correcting other people’s grammar in any form of communication
2. You were able to get the joke in first reading
3. You always proof read things in your mind whenever you are typing something – even on IM
4. Your blood boils when someone uses past tense after did and didn’t
5. You reaction when people keep getting confused between affect and effect
6. Even your Text messages have perfect grammar
7. You Know the correct usage of the words their’, ‘there’ and ‘they’re
8. You always correct punctuation in your friend’s mails and texts
Anyways, who cares about a semi-colon, it is just a colon with identity crisis, right?
9. You have a couple of Word games on your phone which you play in your free time
10. You bang your head against the wall when you see people interchange “Me” and “I”
11. In any argument, you always correct grammar of the other party
12. Whenever you are reading a book, you mentally correct grammatical errors that the author might have made
13. You make a mental image of a brand based on the grammar usage in their ads
There is a reason why they are stuck at number 12
14. You are always correcting the pronunciation of difficult words
15. You believe correct usage of grammar can save lives
16. Your reaction after analyzing the grammar of this post
My grammar is usually on life support especially around tenses. But I did manage to get the point across, right?