Open a newspaper, television or any other medium and you are bombarded with news of Violence, poverty, hopelessness, and despair all around the globe. I have seen people around me saying that they have lost all faith in humanity. Well, I am a strong believer in the goodness of people and I love to share the stories which show that there is still hope for humanity. This is one such story.
This mother from Pell City, AL, USA was having one of the worst days. She was down to her last 10 dollars which she had to split up with her husband so that they could go to doctor’s office and hospital respectively. She went to the clinic with her Son. However, she got a bad news at the doctor’s place that her insurance would not fully cover it and she would have to co-pay! She was quite upset. That’s when a Random Woman approached her son and handed him an envelope to give to her mother. The envelope had 100 dollars with the following Note:
Facebook | Melissa Simms
The Mother, Melissa had always read about random acts of kindness but this is the first time she experienced it firsthand. She is now looking for the kind stranger, whom she is calling Earthly angel.
The kind stranger wrote this in the note:
I’ve had days like you are having today. Hang in there. Joshua 1:9.
For those of you unfamiliar with the verse, it says – “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” This translates into “Don’t Worry, I’ve got your back!”
Because of the 100$, she was able to co-pay as well as get dinner for herself, her husband and their 5 Kids. She posted this to Facebook page, What’s Happening In Pell City to find the kind stranger. She has promised to pay it forward, even if she is unable to find her earthly angel directly.
- Surprise Giveback: Radio Station helps Grieving mom by paying her bills on Air
- This homeless child was freezing on streets for 2 hours and people kept walking by – Until this happened
- Johnny Depp made the day of sick children in Australian hospital
- Radio station Gifts deserving Couple $80,000 wedding and Ed Sheeran Surprises as wedding singer
- This Hearing impaired man was surprised when strangers spoke with him in sign language. The End is unbelievable