“The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do”
– Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me
One of the best things about the night is the Moon and its cool soothing light. On some days, Moon looks so beautiful in the sky, that I wish I could pluck it from the sky and place it in my living room. Well, this can become a reality now due to Taiwanese design firm Acorn Studio. They have designed a lantern named Luna which closely resembles the moon with its soft yellowish glow. Designed from glass fiber and latex, these lamps are water and heat resistant and are tough enough to handle a few bumps and crashes.
The Lamp comes in seven sizes ranging from 3.2″to 23.6″ in diameter. Each and every Luna lantern is handmade and comes with a cord, and a device to adjust luminosity.
The Lamp can have multiple uses in the home and its application is only limited by the owner’s creativity.
The Project started with the design studio launching a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo seeking $40,000 for production. It completed its goal in just under 3 days. Since then, demand for this moon lamp has been going up like anything and company has already raised over 320,000 $ with over a month left. If you are interested, check out the crowdfunding campaign and other details about the project using the below links.
- Artist uses Thousands Of Porcelain Shards to create amazing Blooms
- Porn Stars shot from Neck up will force you to look at them differently
- Magical Worlds captured in amazing portraits using textures
- Adorable photo shoot of Newborn baby and Puppies born on the same day
- Couple recreates 101 Dalmatians intro in their photoshoot full of love and dreams