A four-year-old girl has received a bravery award for calling 999 when her heavily pregnant mother fell down the stairs.Emma Bazzard lives with her mother Catherine Bazzard at Nailsea, Somerset. On November 12th, Catherine who was 7 months pregnant fell down the stairs and was knocked unconscious. Emma after discovering her mother promptly called the 999 Emergency services. During the 11 minute call, she was calm and was able to provide important details about her mother’s condition and their address. Emma, who was only 3 years old at the time told call handler Sarah Morris that her mother fell down the stairs and is asleep.
“Mummy fall down the stairs, Mummy is asleep. Mummy’s head hurts. I’m giving her a cuddle.”
She was also calming her mother by telling her to stay still and reassuring her that the ambulance is coming. When Paramedics arrived at the scene, they took her to the hospital and also gave her drugs to prevent her unborn baby’s arrival almost 7 weeks early. Later Catherine safely gave birth to Emma’s brother George two and a half weeks ago.
Via: BBC News
- Little girl yells at her Mom’s belly for her unborn baby brother to come out
- This cute little girl is trying to convince her dad to sell her brother to the Pet store
- Little girl catches a huge fish with the Barbie Pole
- 6 year old Girl explaining her Divorced parents why they should be friends will tear you up
- 3D Printed Pink Prosthetic arm makes this little girl a superhero