Rice is Japan’s most important crop which is deep rooted in its culture and tradition. Rice is a staple food and has been cultivated across the country for over 2000 years. Local artists at Niigata Prefecture in Japan found an innovative way to utilize the straw left over after the rice harvest. The festival starts towards the end of august and continues till November. This year it started on 29th august and will remain until the beginning of November. These huge sculptures are made from straw along with wooden frames as the base.
If you are in Japan during the duration of the project, visit the festival at Uwasekigata Park in Niigata City’s Nishikan Ward. Even if you are not in Japan, check out other details from their official site and Facebook pages.
- You can now bring the Moon in your living room with this cool Lantern
- Artist uses Thousands Of Porcelain Shards to create amazing Blooms
- Porn Stars shot from Neck up will force you to look at them differently
- Magical Worlds captured in amazing portraits using textures
- Adorable photo shoot of Newborn baby and Puppies born on the same day