It’s a parent’s job to protect their kids from any kind of harm. But Parents also need to step back sometimes and let the kids learn from their own mistakes. However, some parents take the caring for their kids a little too far. They off course mean well and are trying to save their child from bad experiences, rejection, sadness or pain. From the parent’s perspective, it might sound admirable, but for the Kid who has to live with them, it’s nothing short of a scene from a horror flick. If you have helicopter parents ( parents who are always hovering around their kids never letting them out of sight), you’d definitely relate to these signs.
1. They had eyes and ears everywhere
2. This meant that you became a good liar and very creative in your deceit
3. Whenever you went shopping, you had to hide the clothes your parent won’t approve of. But that never stopped you from wearing them, you just had to change them in school/mall/friend’s bathroom
4. If you are going out with a friend, they will ask dozens of questions like ” Who are you going with? “, ” Where do they live”, “Who are their parents”, “Which Movie theater”, “which movie” “what are their phone numbers”, “Have they been vaccinated?”
5. You were always the first person to leave a party
Disney | Source
6. Asking them permissions for a sleepover took at least a day’s preparation. You’d had to mentally practice in front of the mirror and come up with answers for all the questions that they might come up with.
7. If they said “No” for that first time, that was It, Your friends never understood why asking them again would not make any difference.
8. While crossing the road, your natural muscle reflex is to hold someone’s hand.
9. Your parents always tried to change the channel, asked you to look away whenever there was a movie with kissing scene on. Till this day, you change the channel when your parents walk in with a kissing scene on TV.
10. They have a medicine for all of your illness, however small it may be: Cough, cold, rash, pimple
11. Whenever you are out with friends and you don’t check your phone for a couple of hours, you end up with 30 missed calls, a dozen messages, and a few voice mails.
12. They always tried to scare them about boys if you are a girl and vice-versa.
Disney | Source
13. Even your friends were scared of your parents
14. While reading this list, You remembered a number of times that you wanted to do something so badly and your parents said No
15. But in the end, looking back, you realize that they do it only because they love you
- 11 common lies we all told our parents as kids
- 19 reasons why your mom is your superwoman
- 17 Parents who completely nailed the parenting
- This Father took his 5 year old drifting and the reaction on kid’s face is hilarious
- Parents on Dating